Saturday, May 10, 2014

Liveable Decor

You could say I've struggled to find my decorating voice. I've never really considered myself a super creative person and because of that never put much effort into figuring out how to make the atmosphere of our home warm and inviting. Then I started staying home with my son in 2012 and all of a sudden I realllly cared what our house looked like because I was spending a lot of time there.

Since then I've figured out that I like a bright and airy look in our house. HGTV is now my love language and Target and World Market are my favorite places to go for fun new pillows and cute storage baskets. Oooh and TJ Max. Don't forget those guys.

In the most recent issue of HGTV Magazine, they did a spread on using trays as functional decorative pieces. I was really excited reading this, because I had all of the pieces already in my home to make the cookbook/knife/utensils tray. 


I put my most used and prettiest cookbooks between my butcher block and utensils holder. I love how it looks! It's a great way to have some cookbooks easily accessible for use while cooking and it makes the whole space more colorful. 

What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment